6. Ride the Blue Ridge Railway (241 Depot Street) and chugga-chug down the 13-miles of rails comprising the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway. The 45-minute (each way) excursion is a generation-bonding adventure that starts at the historic 1905 depot in Downtown. Vintage climate-controlled rail cars or open air rail cars host more than 80,000 passengers each year for a ride that winds alongside the Toccoa River, with a stop in the twin border towns of McCaysville, Georgia, and Copperhill, Tennessee. Copperhill/McCaysville is one town with two names because it is split by the GA/TN state line, where visitors have a two hour layover with plenty of time to eat lunch, shop for unique crafts and antiques, snack on ice cream or walk around. Get your picture taken with one foot in each state!
7. Go gem mining, fishing, take a hike or play a round of mini-golf, all at Blue Ridge's destination for family fun--The Lilly Pad Village, (24 Adelaide Drive). Pets are welcome, too. For indoor fun visit 2nd Story Entertainment with their unique 18 hole mini-golf course, they also have arcade games, drinks and ice cream.
8. Take a farm tour of Mercier Orchards (8660 Blue Ridge Drive) and stock up the cabin with fried pies, fresh veggies and fruits. Merciers is a family-owned and -operated, primarily apple, orchard. The must-see Blue Ridge attraction will reward your senses with bushels of apples, strawberries and other produce, fresh pressed cider, warm fried pies--but, most importantly, memories. Started back in 1943 by Bill & Adele Mercier. Mercier Orchards is now celebrating more than 70 years of fruitful harvests. Beyond apples, their onsite store serves up a variety of farm toys, pet items, kitchen paraphernalia, home decor and is host to a meat and cheese shop. Visit the tasting room, offering hard ciders and wines, including locally-produced varieties.
9. 25 Fun Things to Do with Kids! Hiking, Catch a Fish, Explore the Ocoee Whitewater Center and many more ideas. Download the Kids Adventure Game its a fun activity the whole family can participate in. Find all of our trout statues scattered around town while you play the Trout Art Trail Kids Game.
10. Take the kids to Huck's General Store. Step back in time with an authentic general store experience in downtown Blue Ridge, complete with barrels of candy from yesteryear. 500 E Main Street.