20 Unique Christmas Gifts from Blue Ridge & the Copper Basin
It's no fun doing all your shopping online! Come to Blue Ridge and the Copper Basin to do a little real Christmas shopping. Here are just a few ideas to get you started.
1. Tupelo Teaand Blue Ridge Olive Oil Company – Blue Ridge and Copperhill. Unique and healthful gifts can be found at these two side-by-side shops in downtown Blue Ridge. At Tupelo Tea, find designer one-cup teaware or teapots with your choice from over 100 delicious and distinct flavored loose-leaf teas and artisan honey. At Blue Ridge Olive Oil check out the six bottle gift set of specialty oils and vinegars; buy the best sellers or make your own sampler. Enjoy the samples while you shop!
2. The Pasta Shop - Blue Ridge and McCaysville. Shop for handmade pasta, sauce, pesto, savory salt, olive wood utensils, ceramics, cook books, chocolates, and more in the Blue Ridge or McCaysville locations.
3. Folk Apothics - McCaysville. Located at Deep Roots Orchard in McCaysville, this charming shop was created as a gathering place for those interested in preserving Appalachian traditions. Appalachian herb and tea sampler baskets or handcrafted bath and body products.
4. Mitzi's on Main - Blue Ridge. An original "Cornbread" painting could be just perfect for a person on your list who loves folk art, but Mitzi's has so many other things to choose from -- you just have to browse and enjoy it!
5. Blue Ridge Bird Seed Company– Blue Ridge. For the bird lover in the family, a new bird feeder and yummy designer seed mix to help our feathered friends get through the winter.
6. Multitudes/Fishbone Studio - Blue Ridge. A multitude of handblown glass artworks, jewelry, pottery and more to choose from, but don't miss Betty Wassmer's Fishbone Studio in the back for amazing handpainted pottery and tiles.
7. The Rum Cake Lady – Blue Ridge and McCaysville. Rum cakes for everyone on your list – they are on the Top 100 Dishes Locals Love in Georgia! Choose from Golden Rum Cakes, Limoncello, Chocolate Salted Caramel and more. Locations in Blue Ridge and McCaysville.
8. Pezrok – Blue Ridge. Discover nature’s artistry and Pezrok’s collection of exquisite minerals, fossils, gemstones and carved wildlife driftwood.
9. Jumping Mouse Beads – Blue Ridge. Jumping Mouse is one of the finest and friendliest bead stores in Georgia, and so much more! Shop for the jewelry maker in your family or buy handmade jewelry and art in the local artist gallery.
10. Huck’s General Store– Blue Ridge. Old fashioned candy for your Christmas stockings! Huck’s has a large assortment of old timey candies you can collect in a paper bag and pay for by the pound!
11. Pic N Vine – McCaysville. Weave your own kudzu vine baskets for your friends and neighbors—the folks at Pic n Vine in McCaysville will teach you how! Or select from a large assortment of handmade baskets and wreaths on display. While you’re there you can “walk the line” between Georgia and Tennessee that runs through the shop!!
12. Mustang Sally – Copperhill. Find some unusual eclectic gifts, jewelry and clothing for a free-spirited friend or family member! Beautiful artisan jewelry and primitive craft in this Copperhill gallery.
13. Christmas is Here - McCaysville. Meet the Copper Basin's own Santa at his shop at the Riverwalk Shops in McCaysville. He is known as a master carver -- check out his beautiful wooden bowls -- in addition to the holiday treasures in his shop.
14. River Laurel Gifts & Boutique - McCaysville. There's always something new and unusual in this charming shop at the Riverwalk Shops in McCaysville, specializing in home decor, gifts, bath & body, baby, wine and kitchen accessories.
15. Blue Ridge Mountain Outfitters- Blue Ridge and McCaysville. Patagonia, Northface, YETI and all of your outdoor enthusiast's favorite brands can be found at BRMO in Blue Ridge and McCaysville.
17. Lily & Coco - Blue Ridge. Lily & Coco is a shop full of fanciful finds and whimsical whatnots. Collectible items from Glitterville.
19. Taste of Amish - Blue Ridge. With a focus on all things Amish, the Taste of Amish store brings visitors from miles away. Visit the store to load up on Amish products like, butter, jellies, bread & butter pickles, herbs, soaps lotions, okra chips, peanut butter, baking products and so much more!
20. New Blue Home & Gift - Blue Ridge. New Blue Home & Gift carries a great selection of home decor: sofas, rugs, chests, mirrors, tables, lamps, pictures as well as gift items such as candles, Blue Ridge glasses, lake maps, Blue Ridge made soy candles, Amy Howard Chalk Paint and paint classes.