12 Unique Christmas Gifts from Blue Ridge & the Copper Basin
It's no fun doing all your shopping online! Come to Blue Ridge and the Copper Basin to do a little real Christmas shopping. Here are just a few ideas to get you started.
1. Tupelo Tea – Designer one-cup teaware or teapots with your choice from over 100 delicious and distinct flavored loose-leaf teas and artisan honey.
2. Blue Ridge Olive Oil – Six bottle gift set of specialty oils and vinegars; buy the best sellers or make your own sampler. Enjoy the samples while you shop!
3. Folk Apothics - Appalachian herb and tea sampler baskets or handcrafted bath and body products. This charming shop was created as a gathering place for those interested in preserving Appalachian traditions.
4. Mitsi's on Main - An original "Cornbread" painting could be just perfect for a person on your list who loves folk art, but Mitsi's has so many other things to choose from -- you just have to browse and enjoy it!
5. Blue Ridge Bird Seed Company – For the bird lover in the family, a new bird feeder and yummy designer seed mix to help our feathered friends get through the winter.
6. Multitudes/Fishbone Studio - A multitude of handblown glass artworks, jewelry, pottery and more to choose from, but don't miss Betty Wassmer's Fishbone Studio in the back for amazing handpainted pottery and tiles.
7. The Rum Cake Lady – Rum cakes for everyone on your list – they are on the Top 100 Dishes Locals Love in Georgia! Choose from Golden Rum Cakes, Limoncello, Chocolate Salted Caramel and more. Locations in Blue Ridge and McCaysville.
8. Pezrok – Discover nature’s artistry and Pezrok’s collection of exquisite minerals, fossils, gemstones and carved wildlife driftwood.
9. Jumping Mouse Beads – Jumping Mouse is one of the finest and friendliest bead stores in Georgia, and so much more! Shop for the jewelry maker in your family or buy handmade jewelry and art in the local artist gallery.
10. Huck’s General Store – Old fashioned candy for your Christmas stockings! Huck’s has a large assortment of old timey candies you can collect in a paper bag and pay for by the pound!
11. Pic N Vine – Weave your own kudzu vine baskets for your friends and neighbors—the folks at Pic n Vine in McCaysville will teach you how! Or select from a large assortment of handmade baskets and wreaths on display. While you’re there you can “walk the line” between Georgia and Tennessee that runs through the shop!!
12. Painted Pony Trading Co. – Find some unusual eclectic gifts, jewelry and clothing for a free-spirited friend or family member! Beautiful artisan jewelry and primitive craft in this Copperhill gallery.