How do you stitch these places together? Here’s a sample itinerary for a fun-filled afternoon:
- Arrive and park off East Main and Mountain.Head to Angry Hops for a beer and a bit of relaxing.
- Make your way over to The Pasta Market for a few items you’ll want to use for tomorrow’s dinner with friends.
- Follow Mountain Street down and grab a photo in front of the Blue Ridge Mural.
- Head up the east side of East Main Street, with sample stops at Blue Ridge Olive Oil and Honey on the Hill. Then keep heading down for a visit to High Country Art - don’t skip this one!
- Cross the street and resist the urge to see the train until you order a caffeine-shot from Das Kaffee House. With it, cross the flower-filled alley over to the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway; get a few photos!
- Back on E. Main St., stop into Canoe for a bit of shopping, then off to Blue Ridge Cotton Company. Stop into Hucks and fill a brown-bag with candy for later.
- You’ve got about an hour left…backtrack a few buildings to nosh at Harvest on Main or cross over West Main for dinner at Hook & Eye, especially if it’s a Saturday or Monday when they offer music to match the views.
However you choose to pair these Blue Ridge favorites, it’s bound to be an adventure you’ll want to repeat again and again. Bring the kids, plan an escape with your girlfriends, pack up family visiting from out-of-town, or enjoy a few hours of solitude. Blue Ridge is always the answer. Download the app to make it even easier!