Official Website of the
Fannin County Chamber of Commerce
and Welcome Center
What to do
Family Fun in Georgia's Blue Ridge
Spend quality time with family and friends.
Whether it’s playing Scrabble or Monopoly in your cabin, hiking to a waterfall, going to a festival or the Swan Drive-In, the best thing about visiting Georgia’s Blue Ridge is spending quality time with family and friends. For special occasions, holidays, family reunions, birthdays or anniversaries, create lasting memories of quality time well spent in the mountains.
Want to go on a unique adventure in Georgia’s Blue Ridge? Geocaching is a fun and exciting way to discover some of the most amazing places. You use your GPS to find hidden "geocaches" in Blue Ridge. We've actually hidden some for you!Once you find a geocache, you can participate in the fun and goodies that are hidden inside. Take something, leave something, sign the logbook are the basic rules of the game. Here's how to go Geocaching.
Family Fun Adventure Game
Our Family Fun Adventure Game is a fun activity the whole family can participate in! Kids can fill out a game booklet and answer questions about really fun places we’ll guide you to visit while you are here. then bring the game book to the Fannin County Welcome Center and collect a prize! You can pick up the game book at the Welcome Center or download it on the Family Fun Adventure Game page.
35 Fun Things
Kids who visit Blue Ridge really love hikes in the woods, throwing rocks in the river, playing in a creek, and all outdoor things -- but here’s a list of special things for kids to do if you run out of things to do!
The Trout Adventure Trail
Plan your own hiking and learning experience on existing famous trails along the southernmost reach of the Appalachian Mountains. The Trout Adventure Trail® is a "do it yourself" and "plan your own" hiking and learning experience for kids of all ages along legendary trails in the Chattahoochee National Forest in north Georgia. The Trout Adventure Trail offers individual hikers, families and organized groups the opportunity to hike, learn and earn a distinctive commemorative award patch as recognition of the commitment to outdoor education, conservation and accomplishment. For more information, see the website at www.troutadventuretrail.org. And you can download a free copy of our Trout Streams Learning Adventure by clicking here.
New! Family Fun Attractions
* The Lilly Pad, on Aska Road, has lots of fun, family-friendly adventures, including fishing, gem mining, mini-golf and guided hikes in a natural mountain setting.
* Huck's General Store, 500 East Main Street in downtown Blue Ridge, is a kid's favorite place, with barrels of candy, puzzles, games and toys to make the trip more fun.
* Cohutta Cove Mini-Golf, in Blue Ridge on Hwy 515, is a 18-hole new mini golf course.
* Blue Ridge Helicopter Tours, also on Hwy 515, offers Scenic Tours of Blue Ridge by helicopter.
* Wagon Master offers old-fashioned family fun for everyone. There's mini golf, gem mining, gold panning; wagon rides and target galleries for paintball and airsoft BBs. For adults and teens, there is skeet shooting and for the little ones, there is bounce castle. No admission fee and pet friendly.